Cook1 hr 30 mins
From a recipe book on 18th century frontier outpost recipes.
Make and share this Fort Stanwix Beef (Or Veal) Stew recipe from Food.com.
- Combine beef in dutch oven with water, salt, herbs and cloves.
- Cover and simmer for one hour 15 minutes, skimming occassionaly.
- Add onions, carrots, celery and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Drain and measure stock and make up to or cook down to 2 cups.
- Discard cloves.
- Melt butter in skillet, add flour and blend. Add stock slowly, cooking gently until mixture boils and thickens.
- Pour over meat and vegetables.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve with hot noodles or rice.