1/2 Photos of Fort Stanwix Beef (Or Veal) Stew
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
From a recipe book on 18th century frontier outpost recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine beef in dutch oven with water, salt, herbs and cloves.
- 2Cover and simmer for one hour 15 minutes, skimming occassionaly.
- 3Add onions, carrots, celery and cook until vegetables are tender.
- 4Drain and measure stock and make up to or cook down to 2 cups.
- 5Discard cloves.
- 6Melt butter in skillet, add flour and blend. Add stock slowly, cooking gently until mixture boils and thickens.
- 7Pour over meat and vegetables.
- 8Sprinkle with parsley.
- 9Serve with hot noodles or rice.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fort Stanwix Beef (Or Veal) Stew
Serving Size: 1 (810 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2115.0
- Calories from Fat 1892
- Total Fat 210.2 g
- Saturated Fat 89.1 g
- Cholesterol 303.8 mg
- Sodium 1389.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 26.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: