From a recipe book on 18th century frontier outpost recipes. A spider is a cast iron skillet. The amount of roast beef traditionally is what is left over from the dinner of the night before.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In spider cut into pieces convenient for boiling cold roast or other meat. Add pepper and salt.
- 2Add cabbage boiled and chopped small.
- 3Keep stirring that all may be equally done.
- 4Sprinkle a little vinegar (only enough to give it a slightly acid taste) over the cabbage when taken from the fire.
- 5Place cabbage in the center of a plate and arrange the meat about it.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fort Stanwick Bubble and Squeak
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 54.7
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 40.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 3.2 g