Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Luscious and effortless, perfect for today's busy lifestyle! Simply layer the ingredients, wrap in foil, and slow cook to perfection! Magically creates it's own thick, rich gravy which envelopes each morsel of diced potato and blankets a fork-tender beef roast. Guaranteed to please even the pickiest of palates! YUM!
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs beef chuck roast
- 2 cups Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 2 1⁄4 ounces beefy onion soup mix (both envelopes)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Tear off a large piece of HEAVY DUTY aluminum foil (approximately 36 inches).
- Place roast in middle of foil.
- Spread both envelopes of DRY beefy onion soup mix on top of the roast.
- In a small bowl, mix 2 cups of diced Simply Potatoes with one can of undiluted cream of potato soup and pepper. Spread carefully over roast.
- Wrap in the foil, pressing seams tightly to prevent leakage.
- Bake at 300 degrees for four hours.
- Slit foil carefully, allowing steam to escape. Using tongs, lift roast onto serving platter and pour potato/gravy mixture over the top. Enjoy!