Recipe by Debaylady
I purchased Grobbel's corn beef brisket with their seasoning package enclosed. For this recipe, I went to their website. The only things I did differently were: 1) Instead of covering with water, I used reserved cabbage stock from the night before. 2) For health reasons, I removed as much of the fat as I could. I've never prepared such a tender and mouth-watering brisket before! My husband enjoyed 3 servings!
- 1 (3 -4 lb) corned beef brisket, flat cut with seasoning package
- 6 onions, small, peeled, and quartered
- 6 carrots, medium-sized, peeled and quartered
- 3 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 head of cabbage, large, rinsed and cut into wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Place brisket with contents of seasoning package in a heavy stockpot.
- Add enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer 2 1/2 - 3 hours.
- Add onions, carrots, and potatoes.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove meat from pot; potatoes too, if tender; keep warm.
- Add cabbage, bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Place brisket on serving platter; slice thinly across the grain after allowing it to rest 5-10 minutes.
- Add drained cabbage around the brisket.
- Distribute the potatoes and carrots evenly atop the cabbage for a pretty presentation.