Recipe by DeeVaFoodie
An allrecipes.com recipe for "A standard Swedish butter cookie". Found on my search for ZWT recipes.
- 3⁄4 cup flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cream butter and 2 tablespoons sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in the egg yolk. Add flour and mix until well blended.
- Combine the 1/2 cup sugar with cinnamon. Roll dough into balls the size of small olives and roll in the sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Place cookies on cookie sheet and press criss-cross with a fork until cookies are approximately 1/3 inch thick.
- Bake 10 minutes or until light brown.