Recipe by Brittney C
This recipe came from a "Taste of Home" magazine. It takes only a few minutes preparation and is a great warm meal.
Top Review by bad kitty 1116
This recipe isn't very tasty and no one was impressed. I have had much better minestrone soup. I won't bother with this recipe again. It just didn't have the right taste to us-bland. Sorry.
- 1 lb beef stew meat
- 6 cups water
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced dried parsley
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 cup uncooked small elbow macaroni or 1 cup shell macaroni
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- Add zucchini, cabbage, beans and macaroni; cook on high 30-45 minutes more or until the vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle individual servings with Parmesan cheese.