Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This recipe came from a "Taste of Home" magazine. It takes only a few minutes preparation and is a great warm meal.
- 1 lb beef stew meat
- 6 cups water
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced dried parsley
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 cup uncooked small elbow macaroni or 1 cup shell macaroni
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- Add zucchini, cabbage, beans and macaroni; cook on high 30-45 minutes more or until the vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle individual servings with Parmesan cheese.
This recipe isn't very tasty and no one was impressed. I have had much better minestrone soup. I won't bother with this recipe again. It just didn't have the right taste to us-bland. Sorry.
This is pretty good! I made a couple of minor substitutions: I don't have beef bouillion because I usually have beef stock on hand, so I used the stock instead of the water and bouillion. If I were to use bouillion, I would leave out the 2-1/2 tsp salt. I seared the beef in a skillet on high heat, then deglazed the pan with a little red wine, putting that in the crockpot, too. I added garlic and used fresh herbs. The Beau had 3 helpings!