Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs 30 mins
Just chop your vegetables and dump everything in the crockpot and forget it!!
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄3 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 lb smoked sausage, halved and cut into 3/4 inch slices
- 1⁄2 lb uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a 5 quart slow cooker, combine the tomatoes, broth and tomato paste.
- Stir in the green peppers, onion, celery, garlic and seasonings.
- Stir in chicken and sausage.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Stir in shrimp.
- Cover and cook 15-30 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink.
- Serve with rice.
This recipe was very tasty and relatively healthy. Saw it on Taste of Home and I was looking forward to it. The boys liked it too..
Couldn't be any easier to make, and yummy! What more can you ask for ;-) I increased the both the cayenne pepper and hot sauce, for personal preference. I also added a full pound of shrimp. Will be making again.
Great recipe. Very easy!!