Jen T's Note:
This is an adopted recipe which I have just made...September 2005. These are very easy to make but if you are thinking they will be like meringues like I did.....they are not. They come out like small flat cookies. Very sweet, so someone with a sweet tooth will more than likely love these. Please make sure that you do put them on baking paper lined trays to cook as they will stick to the tray if you don't. Ideal way to use up egg whites left over from recipes using only yolks. Please feel free to let me know of any changes you might think of. Thanks to the original poster for sharing this recipe :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325'F or 150'C.
- 2Beat egg whites with the salt until foamy.
- 3Slowly add sugar, one tablespoonful at a time, beating after each addition until the meringue stands in stiff peaks.
- 4Stir in vanilla and fold in chocolate chips.
- 5Drop by teaspoonfuls on a lined baking sheet and place in preheated oven.
- 6After 2 minutes, turn off oven.
- 7Leave meringues in oven overnight. remove from pan and store in cookie tin lined with paper towel.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Forgotten Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 34.8
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 0.4 g