Recipe by Jen T
This is an adopted recipe which I have just made...September 2005. These are very easy to make but if you are thinking they will be like meringues like I did.....they are not. They come out like small flat cookies. Very sweet, so someone with a sweet tooth will more than likely love these. Please make sure that you do put them on baking paper lined trays to cook as they will stick to the tray if you don't. Ideal way to use up egg whites left over from recipes using only yolks. Please feel free to let me know of any changes you might think of. Thanks to the original poster for sharing this recipe :)
Top Review by Suzy mom to 2
LOL, my cookies were still not set the next morning too. I think my oven is too small, even though I made just half a batch for the same reason. Not panicking, I followed the suggestion of the PP and turned on the oven again, baked them for an additional 45 minutes at low heat and voila! Problem solved! Yum!!!
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325'F or 150'C.
- Beat egg whites with the salt until foamy.
- Slowly add sugar, one tablespoonful at a time, beating after each addition until the meringue stands in stiff peaks.
- Stir in vanilla and fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on a lined baking sheet and place in preheated oven.
- After 2 minutes, turn off oven.
- Leave meringues in oven overnight. remove from pan and store in cookie tin lined with paper towel.