Prep 8 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Here's the recipe you need when the kids tell you at 9 pm that it's their turn to bring cookies tomorrow!
- 2 large egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1 cup chocolate chips (mini ones are best)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Add salt and sugar and beat a little more.
- Fold in nuts and chips.
- Drop batter by teaspoons on baking sheets.
- Place in oven and turn oven off. Let set overnight (no peeking!).
oh YUM! The kiddos and I love meringue cookies, so choosing this recipe was a no brainer. It comes together easily and is done and in the oven, in no time. The only modifications I made was to add 1/2 t of vanilla and 1 1/2 t of espresso powder cuz I love the coffee & chocolate combo of flavors. So fun and so yummy! Thanks MizzNezz. Made for MizzNezz Cook-A-Thon, September, 2012.
had an excess of egg whites and tried these. They were very good. Didn't change the recipe one bit. And I used walnuts. Thank you for this wonderful recipe.
I made these for a girlfriend who mentioned her mother used to make meringue cookies. She loved these and said they tasted just like old times. These are also fairly low in fat.