Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Can't beat this for easy! Amazing how they bake just sitting in an oven that's turned off. Try them you'll like them. I do these at Christmas time for my goodie boxes
- 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup sugar (a little more if you like it sweet)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- When your egg whites are stiff gradually add the sugar.
- Beat at high speed for 5 minutes.
- Fold in the vanilla, chips, and pecans.
- Drop by the teaspoon onto a foil-lined cookie sheet.
- Put in 350°F oven AND TURN THE HEAT OFF.
- Leave overnight or at least 8 hours.
made these for Christmas and they turned out great. everyone asked where the name came from . will do again
Christmas Smichmas these will be done in this household at any time. So simple and so good. Will keep some in the freezer for unexpected company!! Thanks again Bergy.
Yummy! So nice, they are rich, your lovely nature is the essence of this cookie. We all enjoyed it and I forgot for once that I'm trying to slim down:) These cookies have been nicknamed "Magical Cookies" by me, because of the way they bake in a switched-off oven, loved the concept. Oh I must mention that 8 hrs. after these were put in the oven and were done, they were quite soft, so in order to make them a little harder, I placed them in the freezer and they were a delicacy this evening. Thank You so much, love u!