Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 cup cut up chicken or 1 cup chicken piece
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cans water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- salt and pepper
- Sprinkle rice into the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Combine mushroom soup with water and pour over rice.
- Place chicken pieces on top of mixture and sprinkle onion soup mix over all.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook for 2 hours at 350.
This was really good, and it was a definite "make again" with my boyfriend. My only problem was that the rice mixture stuck to the bottom of the baking dish, so I would recommend spraying the bottom with Pam or something beforehand.
We really enjoyed this. I think the recipe needs to be changed to one cut up chicken instead of the one cup cut-up chicken. I used 4 skinless chicken breasts, and they were so tender, I was surprised! With such a long cooking time I feared they might dry out, but not at all. I prepared this in the morning, had my son throw it in the oven after school, and came home to a prepared hot meal. Wonderful! THANKS!
I would love to try this recipe...but I think the quantity of the chicken is wrong...it states only 1 CUP of cut up chicken or chicken pieces! That doesn't sound like enough chicken for the quantities of the rest of the ingrediants??? Am I wrong??? Frank