Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
An easy, delicious recipe that kids can make. This is based on my children's book CINDER EDNA. In the story, the main character forgot one of her favorite casserole dishes. This is the one she forgot!
You will need
- 1 (16 ounce) can tuna in water, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) box macaroni and cheese mix
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Choose macaroni box that contains a packet of cheese.
- Place the macaroni in a two quart casserole microwave-safe dish.
- Add the amount of water listed in the directions on the box. Do not cover.
- Microwave until macaroni is tender (about 10 minutes). Do not drain.
- Add tuna, chopped onion, peas, margarine, milk, and cheese sauce.
- Return to microwave and cook for 10 more minutes uncovered. Stir and serve.