Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
From Marilyn; no flour. a pavlova that you leave in a warmed oven turned off for 6 hours probably overnight serves with strawberryand whipped cream
- 6 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 cups strawberries
- 2 cups cream, whipped
- Beat egg whites until very fluffy.
- Add cream of tartar, salt, and sugar.
- Beat for 15 minutes.
- Place batter into a 9 inch square pan.
- Put into a 400 degree preheated oven; turn off oven; leave door shut for 6 hours.
- Spread with whipping cream and strawberries on top.