Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Good oven stew. Also good way to use a cheaper cut of meat.This recipe is one I've used many times and is from another church cookbook.This dish does take quite awhile to cook,3-4 hours, allows the tougher cuts of meat to cook slowly, therefore less chance of being tough.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef, cubed
- 2 -3 stalks celery, sliced
- 4 -6 carrots, halved lengthwise
- 2 large onions, cut in 1/2-inch slices
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 soup can water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- Place all ingredients in a 3-quart casserole and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Cover tightly.
- Bake in a 200* oven for 3 to 4 hours, whatever suits you best.
It was like beef stew without the flavor. It just didn't have much flavor at all. It was easy though.