Recipe by annikasmommykate
Searching for some GF Christmas Cookie recipes and I stumbled across this one in Southern Living's "Our Best Christmas Recipe" book. It's easy to play around with the variety of candy chips (butterscotch/white chocolate, etc) or nuts you decide to use as well, so it's very versatile. Did not include cooking time because it's passive.
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar (GF brand)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Beat first 3 ingredients at high speed, using an electric mixer, until foamy. Gradually add sugar, 1 T at a time, beating until stiff peaks form and sugar dissolves (2-4 min). Fold in chocolate morsels and pecans.
- Drop mixture by heaping teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets lined with aluminum foil. Place in over, and turn off heat immediately. Do not open door for at least 8 hours. Carefully remove cookies from foil. Store cookies in an airtight container up to 1 week.