Recipe by Down Home MS
This is an easy way to make a very tender beef roast. You can use a chuck roast, shoulder roast, or rump roast.
- 2 -3 1⁄2 lbs beef roast (Chuck, Shoulder, or Rump)
- 6 red potatoes, peeled and cut into large pieces
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) bag baby carrots
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package beef stew seasoning
- 3 cups beef broth or 3 cups water, for less sodium
Directions See How It's Made
- Stab beef with fork several times on both sides, salt and pepper lightly.
- In large crock pot, pour in broth and whisk in beef stew mix. Turn on low and add beef roast and onion.
- Cook on low for 4 hours, add potatoes and carrots.
- Cook an additional 2-3 hours or until beef and vegtables are fork tender.