These cookies are tender, crisp, buttery lusciousness. I've made some other cookies that incorporated potato chips, but I think these score big. For those of you who've never tried cookies with potato chips as one of the ingredients you're missing out. It gives them a "Je ne sais quoi" goodness. They are ever so easy to make as well. All my guests loved them when I served them last Christmas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Lightly grease or parchment line a cookie sheet.
- 2In a bowl, combine the flour and the crushed potato chips, set aside.
- 3In another bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla.
- 4Incorporate the dry ingredients into the butter and sugar mixture until just combined.
- 5Using a teaspoon, scoop out the dough and roll into a ball with your hands.
- 6Roll the balls into granulated sugar. Place prepared cookie sheet. Press each ball down lightly with your fingers.
- 7Bake for 12 minutes or until the edges are nice and golden. Store in airtight container.
- 8NOTE: If you taste the cookie dough before baking, don't be alarmed if it doesn't taste sweet or good enough. You'll be surprised how good they turn out once rolled in sugar and baked. They are yummy.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Forevermama's Shortbread Potato Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (750 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.7
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 111.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 1.5 g