Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
These sugar snap peas are one of our favorite side dishes. They go very well with different meats such as beef, poultry and even fish. They are also very delicious on their own, which I often eat for a light lunch. The best results are achieved when using fresh. I've used frozen and it is very good, but not to the same level as the fresh.
- 453.59 g sugar snap pea, fresh
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 78.07-118.29 ml finely diced onion (very finely diced)
- 9.85 ml dried thyme
- kosher salt
- freshly grated black pepper
- 2.46 ml sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Remove and discard the stem end and the string from each pod. (If this is not removed, you will find yourself having to spit it out when chewing, so you want to make sure to remove it).
- Rinse pods under cold running water. Pat dry.
- Spread sugar snap peas in a single layer on a cookie sheet (that have ridges). Sprinkle with the olive oil, finely diced onion, and thyme.
- Season with salt and black pepper. Sprinkle with sugar if necessary. (The sugar addition is only needed if the sugar snaps are not in season and lack natural sweetness. Adding the sugar is all a matter of taste).
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven, until tender crisp.
This is a great way to cook sugar snap peas. I used the optional sugar but just a little bit. The onion is a great addition. Very good taste and healthy. Thanks ForeverMama :) Made for Photo tag game