A friend of mine gave me this recipe some years ago and I've been making it ever since. It's great for a party or a fun movie night with the kids. We all love it and it's addictive. It's great served with tortilla chips, toasted pieces of baguette or pita toasts.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup finely chopped red bell peppers (or combination of both) or 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup green bell pepper (or combination of both)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup pepperoni, finely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) jar pizza sauce
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Mix cream cheese, onion, bell pepper/s, and sour cream. Add seasonings and mix until all ingredients are incorporated evenly.
- Sprinkle pepperoni over the top. Cover with pizza sauce. Cover with shredded mozzarella.
- Bake in a 350 degree fahrenheit oven for 25 - 30 minutes or when bubbly around edges and cheese is all melted.
- Serve with tortilla chips (nachos), toasted pieces of baguette or toasted pieces of pita chips.
Can't get much simpler than this for making a fantastic dip. Used red bell pepper and followed the recipe exactly. We liked the pita chips best as a dipping utensil. The dish was bubbly and hot in 20 minutes in my oven. Thanks for sharing!