1/1 Photo of ForeverMama's Mediterranean Red Potato Salad
This is my "go to" potato salad that I've been making for quite some time. It's the one my husband always requests because it's so tasty and because it contains no mayonnaise. For those who do and don't enjoy mayonnaise, this potato salad is sure to please with it's definite Mediterranean flavors. This recipe originally came from a high-end grocer, J. Bildner and Sons in back bay Boston. I've tweaked a bit from the original recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs red potatoes, medium
- 1/2 medium red onion, minced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard, with seeds (such as Pommery)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (preferably a good quality brand)
- 2 -3 tablespoons red wine vinegar, to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Wash and boil the unpeeled potatoes until just tender (about 20 minutes). Drain and cool them completely. Cut into 1/2 inch dice. Place in a large serving bowl and set aside.
- 2In a small bowl, combine the mustards and olive oil. Add the red wine vinegar, minced red onion, diced bell peppers, chopped parsley, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix to blend.
- 3Pour the mustard mixture over the sliced potatoes and toss to coat. Serve or keep covered in the refrigerator. Return to room temperature before serving.
- 4TIP: It is best to not let the potatoes cool completely before adding remaining ingredients. Add ingredients to the potato salad while potatoes are still slightly hot/warm to help flavors penetrate more deeply.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for ForeverMama's Mediterranean Red Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.8
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 81.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
coarse grain mustard