Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I've been making these forever!! The list of ingredients seem so simple, but the flavor is amazing. You don't know what you're missing if you haven't made these. They were given to me by a friend and I make them often for home and I bring them to potlucks. They're my kids favorite dish.
- 1814.36 g whole chicken wings
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 7.39 ml salt
- enough oil (for deep frying)
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 0 soy sauce
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4.92 ml finely chopped jalapeno peppers (both are optional) or 1.23-2.46 ml red pepper flakes (both are optional)
- Cut chicken wings into 3 sections; discard wing tips. In a large plastic bag or shallow bowl, combine flour and salt. Add wings in small batches; toss to coat. (Place floured wings in refrigerator; this helps flour to adhere to chicken.) In an electric skillet or deep fat fryer, heat oil to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Fry wings, a few at a time, until juices run clear, about 8 - 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels. In a bowl, combine sugar, soy sauce, garlic scallions and jalepeno (optional). Dip fried wings in sauce. Serve immediately.
- NOTE: I normally double the sauce cause it's great and adds more flavor. For a crispy result and for a great end product, the temperature of the oil and fry time is essential. Therefore if you find that your wings aren't crispy enough when cooked for the 8 - 10 minutes, fry them up a little longer until they are crispy!
Wow! These are so good!...I doubled the sauce like the chef suggested...I can see why you should serve immediately...if you let them set to long they lose their crispiness...this was very easy to prepare and I loved the spiciness...I used the red pepper flakes option...but next time I'm going to try the minced jalapeno...thanks for posting it...=)
Usually I am a slow cooker or a griller when it comes to chicken but these turned out very nice. I tried the minced jalapeno and ooo lala loved the spiciness. I also doubled the sauce, if you make this as written, you will love this. Made for PRMR tag.