1/3 Photos of ForeverMama's Fabulous Chicken Salad
This recipe has been developed from experimenting and tweaking until a great chicken salad was achieved. This chicken salad is OUR FAVORITE! It is good enough to serve for a special occasion/holiday. I hope it becomes your favorite too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small rotisserie chicken
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared Italian salad dressing (Ken's brand preferred)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 -1 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 -4 scallions, stalks finely chopped (amount is depending on your taste)
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2-1 small lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 lime peel, grated (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon all purpose seasoning (or to taste, Adobo seasoning, Goya brand)
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Remove meat from rotisserie chicken. Chop into bite size pieces. Add to large bowl; set aside.
- 2In a medium size bowl, add the next 9 ingredients; mix to blend. Add lime juice, adobo seasoning and black pepper to taste. Add to chicken and combine to distribute all ingredients evenly. Taste for seasoning and correct, if necessary. Chill for 1 hour before serving.
- 3NOTE: Concerning the seasonings, I don't always add exactly the amounts given, it's all a matter of taste.
- 4Tip: I sometimes add a bit of sugar, if I went over too much on the lime juice or if I want a hint of sweetness. I add about 1/2 - 1 tsp sugar.
- 5Another Tip: If you go over too much on the salt, add a few more drops of lime juice. Both lime and lemon juice, make the saltiness disapear. Of course test it bit by bit when adding lemon or lime juice, because you don't want to over power with the juice flavor. This tip is one of the secrets of the restaurant trade.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for ForeverMama's Fabulous Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.0
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 63.8 mg
- Sodium 243.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 16.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: