1/1 Photo of Forevermama's BEST Croutons EVER!
These croutons originally were part of a minestrone soup recipe. The soup was nothing to write home about and not a keeper but the croutons were to die for! I've doubled and quadrupled this recipe because my kids can eat these as if they were potato chips. It is truly scrumptious especially over a "good" soup or salad. This is a great way to use up stale bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat,
- 2Add the garlic and cook for 3 minutes, to flavor the oil, being careful not to burn the garlic. (garlic may be removed or left in, up to individual taste. But if left in be very careful not to burn garlic).
- 3Add the bread cubes and toss to coat. Saute until golden brown on all sides and crisped up.
- 4Season lightly with salt.
- 5Sprinkle parmesan over hot croutons of desired.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Forevermama's BEST Croutons EVER!
Serving Size: 1 (30 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.8
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 175.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 2.7 g