Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From: "Complete Home Bartender's Guide" by Salvatore Calabrese. "Imagine the juices oozing from these berries. That's what this drink tastes like."
- 1⁄4 cup fresh blueberries (handful)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh blackberries (handful)
- 6 -8 fresh raspberries
- 1⁄3 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon superfine sugar
- club soda, to serve (blueberry or berry soda suggested)
- fresh berries, to garnish (optional)
- of fresh mint, to garnish (optional)
- Place the berries in a blender with the lemon juice.
- Sprinkle the sugar over the berries.
- Blend until smooth.
- Strain the mixture through a nylon strainer or a fine cheesecloth into a highball glass filled with ice.
- Top with soda. Stir.
- Optional: Garnish with a selection of berries on a cocktail stick across the drink, and a sprig of mint on top and in the middle.
- Serve with a straw.
yummmm. i will make this again and again
I really enjoyed the fruit and fizz together. I used a frozen berry blend rather then fresh fruit, and after reading the other reviews about the tartness, I decided to use rasberry syrup in place of the sugar along with plain club soda. I probably used close to a couple of tablespoons. This made enough enough for two of us to enjoy. Made for the Comfort Cafe July 09
This is an excellant drink Engrossed, I enjoyed it very much. I made this little treat for my breakfast this morning, It was refreshing, sweet, tart and tangy. Just packed with flavour. I used a Black currant Soda, was it good. Thanks so much for sharing.