Prep 3 hrs
Cook 14 mins
I developed this recipe to copy Trader Joe's Force Primevil Bars -- which I love but are too expensive for my budget! They're close -- any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
- 5⁄8 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce (one small individual container)
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats (oatmeal)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups bread flour (I use regular unbleached flour)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (I use yellow)
- 1⁄2 cup craisins
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package yeast
- Soften butter in microwave.
- Add milk and nuke for 30 seconds or until lukewarm.
- Put in breadmaker pan.
- Add cinnamon, applesauce and vanilla.
- Add rest of ingredients in order listed.
- Process on "dough" setting.
- Shape into bars and put in greasted 9x13 pan, (I get 12 bars).
- Let rise in very warm place. They DO NOT rise much -- they are very dense just like the originals.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 13-14 minutes. DON'T OVERBAKE -- they will be like BRICKS!