This is from www.belgianexperts.com Recipe posted by request.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups cooked forbidden rice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups packed coarsely chopped watercress leaves, and fine stems
- 1 1/2-2 cups chopped long beans or 1 1/2-2 cups green beans (1/4 inch lengths)
- 2 -3 medium plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup packed fresh Asian basil or 1/4 cup sweet basil, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh coriander leaves, coarsely chopped or shredded
- 1/4 cup finely sliced shallot, separated into rings
- 1 teaspoon finely minced lemongrass
- 1 birds eye chiles or 1 serrano chili, minced
- 1Place the rice in a large bowl, tossing with wet hands or chopsticks to break up any lumps.
- 2Add the lime juice and toss to mix.
- 3Add the watercress and toss.
- 4Place a large saucepan with 1 inch of water over high heat and bring to a boil.
- 5Add the beans, cover, and blanch for 1 minutes, or until slightly softened.
- 6Drain and add to the rice, tossing to mix well.
- 7Add the remaining salad ingredients and toss to mix.
- 8To prepare the dressing, place the fish sauce and water in a small nonreactive saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 9Add the sugar, stirring to dissolve thoroughly.
- 10Add the lemon grass, garlic, and chile and bring to a boil.
- 11Lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- 12Transfer to a small bowl and add the lime juice.
- 13Stir the dressing well, then add 3 tablespoons of the dressing to the salad.
- 14Toss and taste.
- 15Add another tablespoon of dressing if desired.
- 16Line a large platter with lettuce.
- 17Mound the salad on top.
- 18Serve with one or two small bowls of the remaining dressing, with small spoons, for drizzling more dressing on.
- 19The salad can be eaten with a spoon and fork, the modern Thai way, or scooped up with lettuce leaves.
Browse Our Top Lime Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Forbidden Rice Salad
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 505.9
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1864.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 110.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 11.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh Asian basil