Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This most delicious "bake" will become one of your best creations. It is full of protein and fiber and best paired with a spinach salad.
- 8 ounces whole wheat lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 2 cups fresh broccoli, chopped
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, low moisture part skim
- 28 ounces tomato sauce, canned
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, shredded
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 24 ounces small curd cottage cheese
- 16 ounces 97% lean ground beef
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- Cook noodles until plyable, do not over cook.
- Season ground beef with 1/2 amount of garlic, salt, pepper, dried basil. Add 2 eggs and blend. Mix in flax seeds to batter.
- Season cottage cheese with garlic, salt, pepper, fresh basil. Add 2 eggs and blend.
- Start with 6 oz of tomato sauce on bottem of a pan sprayed 9X15 pan.
- Layer noodles, 1/2 amount of ground beef, 1/2 amount of cheese filling, 1/2 amount of broccoli and 8 oz of tomato sauce.
- Layer noodles again and repeat process.
- End with a top layer of noodles and the rest of the sauce.
- Top with mozzerella cheese and bake wrapped in restaurant quality (Sams Choice, Walmart) saran wrap and heavy duty aluminum foil for 1 hour in a 350 degree oven.