Recipe by preynolds
This classic is listed as high protein because of the chicken and offered as healthy because it just is!!
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 ounces oat bran flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 ounce spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- slice chicken as thin as possible so you do not have to pound it out with a mallet. OR pound out small medallions of chicken with a mallet.
- create a coating with the dry ingredients. place on a plate.
- beat the egg and place in a bowl.
- coat pieces of chicken with the flour mixture.
- dip in egg, then repeat in the flour mixture.
- heat olive oil in saute pan just before smoking point.
- place chicken in pan and saute for about 2-4 minutes on each size depending on the thickness.
- Deglaze with the juice of the fresh lemon.
- add spinach leaves and about 1 tablespoon or so of water.
- serve over brown rice or whole wheat pasta.
- place starch in middle of plate. arrange chicken by overlapping pieces at the 6:00 position. place wilted spinach in the middle.
- pour juices over chicken and pasta.
- garnish with chopped scallions.