1/1 Photo of For My Sweetie Cheesecake
2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 15 mins
They say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Delicious blend of Key lime, white chocolate, and berries. Created for RSC #11.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon key lime juice
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup key lime juice
- 1 cup strawberry
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- additional strawberries (optional) or raspberries (optional)
White Chocolate Mousse
- 1 cup cream, seperated
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 0.5 (3 1/3 ounce) box instant white chocolate pudding and pie filling mix
- 1Crust: Heat oven to 350. Butter the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan. In medium bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut butter in until coarse crumbs form.
- 2In small bowl, combine egg yolk and Key lime juice. Add to flour mixture and blend until moist clumps form. Press dough into bottom of pan.
- 3Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until set. The edges will be slightly browned.
- 4Cheesecake: In large bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add in cornstarch and combine. Add in eggs, one at a time, then combine in Key lime juice. Pour filling into crust.
- 5Bake in oven for 45-50 minutes or until set. When done, turn off oven and crack door. Leave in oven for 30 minutes. Run knife around edge and take off springform. Cool completely before putting in fridge overnight.
- 6Berry Topping: Smash 1 cup strawberries. Put in small pan along with jam, water, and cornstarch. Mix. Bring to boil, stirring constantly and boil 1 minute or so until thickened. Strain. Cool. Spoon in middle of cheesecake to within 1/4 to 1/2 inch of edge. Or if desired, arrange berries on cheesecake, cover with glaze.
- 7White Chocolate Mousse: Melt chips with 1/4 cup cream in microwave at 70% power for about 1 minute. Stir. If not melted, continue in microwave at 70% power stirring every 20-30 seconds. Cool.
- 8In medium bowl, beat 3/4 cup cream with pudding mix for about 2 minutes. Take one spoonful out into the white chocolate and combine. Add this into the pudding/cream mixture and fold over until combined. Decorate edges of cheesecake with the mousse.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for For My Sweetie Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 564.2
- Calories from Fat 345
- Total Fat 38.3 g
- Saturated Fat 22.2 g
- Cholesterol 167.4 mg
- Sodium 289.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 33.3 g
- Protein 7.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
instant white chocolate pudding and pie filling mix