Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
These can be a bit sticky!
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup (Karo Syrup)
- 2 cups corn flakes or 2 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal or 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup peanut butter
- Measure the sugar and corn syrup and put them together in a saucepan.
- Heat them on top of the stove until they boil. BE CAREFUL! This gets VERY hot!
- Stir with a big spoon once in a while.
- After the sugar and syrup are done, remove from the heat.
- Add the peanut butter and stir until it's all mixed together.
- Now add your cereal and mix again until the cereal is all covered with the peanut butter mixture.
- Allow to cool for a while, you don't want to get burned!
- Use a spoon and scoop out the cookie mixture.
- Drop the cookies on a sheet of wax paper.
- If the mixture gets too hard before you finish making the cookies, you can put it in a microwave for a few seconds to soften it back up.