This is from Tarla Dalal's Delicious Diabetic Low Cal recipe cookbook. Rice is most often avoided by diabetics, but, they can enjoy this provided they use minimal oil and more of veggies. Veggies are rich in vitamins and fibre. Select unprocessed rice like kolam or brown rice instead of polished rice which has little or no fibre and then prepare and enjoy this, GUILT FREE! Note: You may also use dalia(broken wheat) instead of rice to make this dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup uncooked rice, washed
- 3/4 cup French beans, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped (whites and greens separated)
- 1/2 teaspoon soya sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
To serve with
- green chili, in vinegar (optional)
- 1Boil rice in 2 cups of water. Ensure that each grain of cooked rice is separate.
- 2Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
- 3Add all the veggies except the spring onion greens.
- 4Sprinkle 2 tbsps. water and cook for 5 minutes.
- 5Add the rice, soya sauce, spring onion greens and salt.
- 6Mix well and saute for 2 minutes.
- 7Serve hot with chillies in vinegar.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for For Diabetics - Veg Chinese Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.8
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 53.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 6.9 g