This is from Tarla Dalal's Delicious Diabetic Low Cal recipes book. Note: You may use any fresh veggies if cabbage and spinach are not your favourites. Celery garlic toasts are posted separately. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons yellow moong dal, washed (split yellow gram)
- 2 onions, cut into large pieces
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into large pieces
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1To prepare stock, in a pressure cooker put the water and moong dal and pressure cook until the lentils are tender.
- 2Allow to cool.
- 3Blend in a liquidiser and keep aside.
- 4Heat oil in a pan.
- 5Saute the onion in it for a minute.
- 6Fold in cabbage and spinach.
- 7Saute for another minute.
- 8Add stock and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 9Fold in the baked beans or tomato ketchup, tomato, salt and pepper.
- 10Bring to a boil.
- 11Remove from heat.
- 12Serve hot with celery garlic toasts.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for For Diabetics - Lentil and Vegetable Broth
Serving Size: 1 (359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.5
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 30.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.2 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 10.1 g