Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from Tarla Dalal's Delicious Diabetic low cal recipes book. Mushrooms are my Mom's favourite veggie and she savours this recipe(she is diabetic). This is rich in iron and fibre and low in carbohydrates. This makes a complete meal if combined with 1/2 cup of boiled noodles. Enjoy!
- 2 cups mushrooms, cut into halves
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1 pinch red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Dissolve cornflour in 2 tbsps. water and soya sauce. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
- Add green chilli and garlic.
- Saute for 2 minutes.
- Toss in mushrooms and salt.
- Saute for 4 minutes.
- Stir in the cornflour mixture.
- Saute for 3 minutes till the sauce coats the mushrooms.
- Add spring onion greens.
- Mix thoroughly to combine.
- Sprinkle chilli powder.
- Serve hot.