This is from Tarla Dalal's Delicious Diabetic cooking low cal cookbook. A diabetic can have these for breakfast. These are high in fibre and protein(both of which diabetics need in their diet) and very little fat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak the lentils in warm water for 30 minutes. Drain before using.
- 2In a blender, combine all the ingredients except for onions, corriander, oil and salt and grind using enough water to make a thick batter.
- 3On a lightly greased non-stick griddle(tawa), drizzle very little oil and put a quarter of the batter, spread it out(exactly how dosas are made) to get a pancake of 5 inch diameter.
- 4Cook on medium heat till golden brown on either side.
- 5Transfer onto a serving plate and serve.
- 6Likewise, prepare three more pancakes.
- 7Serve hot and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for For Diabetics - Green Pea Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (376 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 142.0
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 8.8 g