Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from Tarla Dalal's Delicious Diabetic cooking low cal cookbook. A diabetic can have these for breakfast. These are high in fibre and protein(both of which diabetics need in their diet) and very little fat.
- 1 cup yellow moong dal (split yellow gram)
- 1 cup green peas, defrosted
- 1 -2 green chili
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Soak the lentils in warm water for 30 minutes. Drain before using.
- In a blender, combine all the ingredients except for onions, corriander, oil and salt and grind using enough water to make a thick batter.
- On a lightly greased non-stick griddle(tawa), drizzle very little oil and put a quarter of the batter, spread it out(exactly how dosas are made) to get a pancake of 5 inch diameter.
- Cook on medium heat till golden brown on either side.
- Transfer onto a serving plate and serve.
- Likewise, prepare three more pancakes.
- Serve hot and enjoy!