Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from Tarla Dalal's Delicious Diabetic Low Cal recipe book. This is the best thing you can make when you have leftover chickpeas and many fruits in the refrigerator. Chickpeas are rich in proteins, calcium and iron. Orange abounds in Vitamin C thereby giving you more immunity to diseases. You may use any fruit here except bananas and mangoes. Serve this salad with a light main course at lunch. Enjoy! Note: You may use red kidney beans(rajma) instead of chickpeas if you like.
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas (approximately 1/2 cup raw chickpeas)
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, sliced with the peel on
- 1⁄2 cup orange section, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup lettuce, torn
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- fresh ground black pepper
- Combine everything except salt and pepper.
- Chill the salad and just before serving add salt and pepper.