Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is the best one I have come across lately in the book Delicious diabetic low cal recipes book by Tarla Dalal. This is rich in vitamin A, iron and fibre. You can serve this with roti, naan or paneer kulchas(recipe posted separately). Enjoy!
- 2 cups carrots, cut into cubes
- 2 cups fenugreek leaves, chopped (methi leaves)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 -2 green chili, sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 inch piece gingerroot, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
- Add cumin seeds and allow to crackle.
- Once it stops, add green chillies, garlic, ginger and onion.
- Stir-fry until the raw smell of ginger and garlic is gone and the onion has browned.
- Add methi leaves and saute for 2 minutes.
- Fold in the carrots, turmeric and corriander powders, salt and 1 cup of water.
- Stir this well, cover and cook on low heat till all the moisture has evaporated and the carrots are tender.
- Serve hot with paneer kulchas.