1/1 Photo of Foothills House Sweet Dreams Cookies
Another recipe from Bon Appetit magazine (February 1986). This came from Foothills House, in Calistoga, California. I've never stayed there but from the online reviews, it's a wonderful little country inn with fabulous service and as of 2008 they were still giving these cookies to their guests every night. If I'm ever in that part of California for the night, I'm going to stay there! These are sweetly spiced cinnamon and ginger flavoured chocolate chip cookies rolled in powdered sugar before baking. I'm very glad the owner of the inn shared these with Bon Appetit.
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter and mix in brown sugar, egg and vanilla.
- 2Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt and blend into butter mixture.
- 3Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts (Sometimes I leave these out or substitute pecans.).
- 4Refrigerate until dough is firm.
- 5Preheat oven to 375ºF. Lightly grease baking sheets.
- 6Break off small pieces of dough and roll into 1" rounds. Dredge in powdered sugar.
- 7Arrange on prepared baking sheets at least 2" apart.
- 8Bake 10 minutes.
- 9Cool 5 minutes on the sheets before transferring to racks to cool completely.
- 10Store in airtight container.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Foothills House Sweet Dreams Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1452 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1125.9
- Calories from Fat 554
- Total Fat 61.6 g
- Saturated Fat 31.0 g
- Cholesterol 112.3 mg
- Sodium 443.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 145.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 104.6 g
- Protein 11.1 g