Recipe by ciao
I called these Foothills muffins, because they remind me of muffins from a great breakfast place in the foothills of a small town near me. The yogurt makes them really moist. You could substitute another berry if you wanted to. Delicious!
Top Review by Sassy Sandra
I used blueberries instead of blackberries, and it worked great. I also used non-fat buttermilk instead of the the milk it called for. Very nice with a with some fresh fruit for breakfast. I will make these again!
- 2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pint blackberry
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 4 ounces yogurt (I used Yoplait Yumsters, Dannon Danimals, but any yogurt will do)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, sugar, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Add the berries and toss to coat them.
- In a smaller bowl,whisk together milk, oil, egg, and yogurt.
- Stir into dry ingredients, just until moistened.
- Divide evenly into a jumbo muffin pan, lightly greased.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20- 25 minutes, or until they test done.