Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I called these Foothills muffins, because they remind me of muffins from a great breakfast place in the foothills of a small town near me. The yogurt makes them really moist. You could substitute another berry if you wanted to. Delicious!
- 2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pint blackberry
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 4 ounces yogurt (I used Yoplait Yumsters, Dannon Danimals, but any yogurt will do)
- Mix flour, sugar, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Add the berries and toss to coat them.
- In a smaller bowl,whisk together milk, oil, egg, and yogurt.
- Stir into dry ingredients, just until moistened.
- Divide evenly into a jumbo muffin pan, lightly greased.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20- 25 minutes, or until they test done.
I used blueberries instead of blackberries, and it worked great. I also used non-fat buttermilk instead of the the milk it called for. Very nice with a with some fresh fruit for breakfast. I will make these again!
I have been saving a package of fresh-frozen blackberries that we picked this summer just for this recipe. They turned out even better than I was imagining they would. You are right, the texture is very moist. The mornings are getting cool so I enjoyed mine with a mug of hot chocolate. YUMMY!! Thanks leannr.
I am not sure what happened ... I was expect a great muffin and that isn't what I got. I didn't care for the taste and they molded very quickly ... I would suggest refridgerating any leftover muffins. Sorry I won't be making these again