Recipe by peachez
Tis the season of rabid football fans everywhere. We have several who frequent our home during the sport. I cook this up, leaving to visit my friends who aren't so rabid, letting the " boys " talk, scream, cheer and boo to their hearts content. They lick their bowls clean, then when I come home I rewash their messes. I also put out a supply of tortilla chips and regular flour tortillas for the dippers and chili burrito makers that gather. An eclectic group my DH hosts throughout the season. Please adjust any seasonings / amounts to your taste. FYI, the cottage cheese is set out for the one's who like the spicy, hot, cold combo.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, semi drained
- 1 (27 ounce) can red kidney beans, semi drained
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- light sour cream
- grated light cheddar cheese or monterey jack pepper cheese or muenster cheese
- green onion, chopped
- ortega canned diced green chilis, chopped
- habanero pepper, seeded & chopped,for those who like it hotter
- black olives, sliced
- low fat cottage cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large stockpot, saute onions and garlic till transparent.
- Add the ground turkey, crumbling as it browns.
- Add remaining ingredients (except condiments), mix well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer partially covered for 45 minutes.
- Serve with any condiments.