Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 lb bob evans zesty hot sausage
- 1 (16 ounce) can baked beans
- 1 cup bob evans barbecue sauce
- 1 3⁄4 cups fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, diced
- 1 1⁄4 cups onions, diced
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 -4 dashes hot sauce, to taste
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, diced
- In a large skillet or soup pot, begin to brown and crumble sausage over medium-high heat.
- Carefully drain off excess drippings.
- Add celery and onions to sausage and continue to cook over medium heat until vegetables are slightly tender and sausage is no longer pink.
- Add baked beans, barbecue sauce and mix well.
- Add tomatoes and seasoning to mixture.
- Simmer together for 5 to 10 minutes and serve in a large bowl.
- Garnish with cheddar cheese, sour cream and diced green onions on top if desired.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- *Drainexcess liquid from tomatoes for thicker dip.