Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I made this recipe for last year's (2005) Superbowl. I got this recipe from the book called "The secret life of food" and the authors' name is Clare Crespo.
- vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs (use any type)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 6 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 white onion, cut in half and sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease a shallow pan with vegetable oil.
- In a large bowl, HAND mix all ingredients except for the onion slices; mix well.
- Using your hands, shape mixture into a foot-ball shape and place it into the oiled pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Place onion slices on foot-ball in a stitching pattern.
I 've made this recipe several times, but I've used Pam lite cooking spray instead of vegetable oil. I like the ground turkey in this recipe, but in the past I have used ground beef. My mom always made meat loaf and mashed potatoes for Sunday dinners. This recipe brings back some wonderful memories of her. This is a keeper for me. Thank you so much for posting this recipe LunaStar.