Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great for football season! I use Archway cookies! YUM Cooking time is Freezing time
- 32 whole 3 inch sugar cookies or 32 chocolate cookies or 32 oatmeal cookies
- 4 1⁄4 ounces white decorating icing, fitted with a plain round decorating tip
- 1 3⁄4 ounces ice cream
- assorted candy sprinkles (choose your team colors)
- Using cookie cutter, cut a football from each cookie. Place half the footballs, bottom sides up, on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Pipe football design on top of remaining cookies with tube of icing.
- Remove lid and cut carton off ice cream. Put ice cream long side down on cutting board; cut in eight 1/2 inches thick slices. Using football cookie cutter, cut 2 footballs from each slice.
- Place an ice cream football on each cookie football on baking sheet. Top with a decorated cookie. Dip 1 side of each in sprinkles. Freeze on sheet 30 minutes before transferring to an airtight container. Freeze until serving.
- NOTE: You will need a metal 2 1/2 to 3 inch football shaped cookie cutter.