Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This yummy ground beef casserole is based on a recipe from When Dinnerbells Rings; selected recipe reprinted by Quail Ridge Press. Freezes well.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces
- 2 cups canned tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon catsup
- 1 teaspoon steak sauce
- 2 teaspoons parsley, chopped
- 1 (5 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- salt and pepper
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Brown the beef.
- Add onions, green pepper, mushrooms, tomatoes, catsup, steak sauce and parsley.
- Simmer 30 minutes.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Combine macaroni and ground beef mixture in casserole dish.
- Season to taste.
- Gently spoon mushroom soup into mixture.
- Mix lightly.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbling and brown.
Just the way I like it.......quick easy, flavorful, and just as easy to clean up after. Thanx 4 the post
I really like this recipe. I made a few changes of course because that is what I do. I didn't have steak sauce so I used Worchester Sauce. Only one can of tomatoes. Added Velveta to the soup and put crushed potato chips on top before baking. It was great. Thanks for the recipe.