Recipe by byZula
From Nora Kelly, Rockford (Coosa County).
Top Review by Sherie717
Excellent!!!! This is one of my favorite's yet! I prepared a box Kraft Mac & Cheese and used in place of the plain pasta & sprinkled some chedder cheese on top as well. I also added a bit of minced garlic to the beef mixture. My bf & I ate almost the whole thing between the 2 of us- with 2 pieces of garlic bread each! A true keeper on our regular meal plan from now on. Yum, yum, yum!! Thank you for a great, easy, very tasty meal!!!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce or 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (7 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- salt and pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup grated cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, brown beef in shortening. Add onion, tomatoes, ketchup, steak sauce and green pepper.
- Simmer for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- Combine meat mixture, macaroni and salt and pepper. Blend in soup.
- Pour into a greased 9- x 13-inch casserole. Top with cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Makes 6 servings.