Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A football tradition started several Superbowl Sundays ago. A good basic dip that is easy to make. I got it from some magazine I think.
- 2 cans refried beans (can be low-fat, vegetarian, whatever)
- 12 ounces Velveeta cheese (sometimes I add a little more)
- 1 jar chunky picante sauce
- 3 dashes Tabasco sauce (or similar)
- Begin heating refried beans in a suacepan.
- Cut Velveeta into cubes and add to beans.
- Heat until cheese is melted.
- Stir in picante sauce and as much Tabasco (or similar) as you like.
- Serve with chips, a cold beer, and a good football game (Hook'em Horns).
Would a basketball game count? *LOL I made these last night for all to munch on while I "created" a new burger...your recipe was great, I love cheese! I used a lot of Tabasco as we do like it "hot". Thanks for this simple yet yummy recipe!
This is great with the Mexican Velveeta cheese also. You can even leave out the Tobassco using this cheese.
The dip was great, the Shiner Bock was cold, but my football team lost! :( At least I had this super easy, great tasting dip to drown my sorrows in!! Thanks Mark!