Recipe by MissTinkJordan
This is a recipe passed to my from my Great Auntie Mike (Margaret) this makes a unique candy because it involves saltine crackers not typically found in candy recipes you may omit the nuts if you desire
- 40 saltine crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Place the saltines side by side but not over lapping each other.
- In a sauce pan melt the 2 sticks of butter and add the cup of brown sugar bring to a slow boil stirring constantly for about 3 minutes.
- Immediately pour over the crackers try to coat as evenly as possible.
- Bake in the oven at 350°F for 12-14 minutes immediately remove from oven and pour the entire bag or morsels over the toffee and spread evenly with a spatula. Sprinkle the chopped nuts over the candy and press down lightly.
- Refrigerate till cool (at least an hour) then remove and break into pieces and serve!