Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is so yummy! My college roommate made it all the time...but be careful it is VERY addicting!! Cooking time includes refrigerating!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 36 saltine crackers
- 11 ounces chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small sauce pan, over medium high heat, melt the butter and brown sugar together.
- Heat to boiling and continue boiling for 4 minutes.
- Cover a 10x15" cookie sheet covered with foil.
- Rub some butter over the foil for greasing.
- Place the crackers on the foil very close together.
- Pour butter mixture over crackers spreading evenly. (Don't worry if it goes all over the place!).
- Bake at 375 for 5 minutes.
- Immediately spread chocolate chips on top. Allow them to soften and than spread them evenly over crackers.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Refrigerate until cool.
- Break into small pieces before serving. (If you have leftovers be sure to keep them in the fridge!).
Try this using graham crackers instead of saltines and leave out the chocolate and nuts; still very addicting!