Recipe by Mille®
"Day after day, alone on a hill, the man with the foolish grin is keeping perfectly still."
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 egg
- 5 ounces milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon lard
Directions See How It's Made
- Make a batter with the flour, egg and milk and a pinch of salt.
- (It should be the consistency of heavy whipping cream and run quickly off the spoon.) After frying the bacon in butter or lard, remove it but keep it hot on a hot plate or in the oven.
- Increase the heat under the frying pan and put in a tablespoon of the batter.
- This will run into an oval shape and rise up in the middle.
- Baste it with hot fat and dish up at once with the bacon.